I have created a quick, easy guide for a 4 day trip to New York City, I spent a lot of time planning/researching things to do before I went and now after going and seeing what worked & what didn't I feel I can now post a guide for a pretty good time there if I don't say so myself!
I have linked any places I have mentioned so you can click & go straight to the websites.
- Top of the Rock (AM) - Go to the Top of the Rockefeller building, the earlier the better to skip the queues. Amazing views of Central Park & the Empire State Building.
-Central Park - Take a walk around the bottom end of Central Park, take in the views, walk past the Ice-Rink & have a little skate (I'm awful at it so we gave it a miss, but hey it looked fun!)
- Loeb Boathouse - In the middle of Central Park, grab a Coffee & check out the views. Apparently this place is also great for food if you get chance!
- Sprinkles Cupcakes - a cupcake ATM Machine!! You litterally get a cupcake out the hole in the wall! Choose the Red Velvet. Dreaammmy.
- Sephora - Aaaaahhhhhh , where do I even start the best makeup shop EVER. Why don't we have one in the UK :( ?! Can't wait to show you the pieces I picked up when I do my post about what I brought in NY (theres A LOT to show you). There are multiple Sephora's around New York so you'll be sure to stumble across one.
- Bloomingdales - Full of Luxury Products & Brands. The Home of the little/medium/large brown bags.
- Lunch - Shake Shack - Verrryyy tasty fast food. Try the Cheese Fries!
- Shopping on Madison Avenue & 5th Avenue. Shopping for days!
- Top of the Rock (PM) - If you buy the Sun & Stars ticket, you can visit the rock in the AM & PM. This is great because the views are completely different from day>night. However if you were only wanting to do one or only have time for 1, I would recomend The top of the rock in the AM & The Empire State observatory in the PM.
- Dinner - Freeman's down the alley. This restaurant is literally down an alley, you think you must be going the wrong way. But once inside you will be amazed, beautiful food, great atmosphere! So fun.
- Times Square at night - obviously a must see, one of those pinch me moments when you see all the billboards.
-Walk the Highline - the Highline is an old stretch of Railway that they have now transformed into a walk way, you get amazing views of the city from here. Walk from North to South so you end up near the gorgeous breakfast place below!
-Breakfast -Bubby's - Situated at the end of the Highline this really quirky fun place is perfect for refueling after your walk! Try the Bacon & Maple Syrup Pancakes - mmmmmmmm. And the coffee here is so good to. It's all making my mouth-water just thinking about it.
Soho - I just LOVED this area, so many cute little boutique shops & cafes. It kind of reminds me of Convent Garden in London. Just have a wonder, take in the sights, drool over the Chanel Store and then be sure to pop into Laduree for some Macaroons!
Lunch: Grab a Deli!
Ground Zero - I was a little apprehensive about visiting here as I have been told that is a very emotional place, that was true. It feels very eery and empty even though there are hundreds of people around you.
Battery Park - Statue of Liberty
Dinner at Delicatasen NYC - international comfort food. Great atmosphere, great food.
Macy's - "The worlds largest store" and it literally is just that! However It wasn't as amazing as I was expecting, yes its big but it kind of just reminded me of a giant House of Fraser, there wasn't many brands that I couldn't already get in the UK.
The observatory at the top of the Empire State building (PM) 360' views of the city. Must see. Go the later the better to avoid queues.
Breakfast - Penelope - Murray Hill - Lexington Ave. The best Nutella French toast I have ever eaten, get there early to avoid queues, this place is very popular!
Hire bikes & ride around Central Park - there are City Bikes all over New York, you can pick one up from one station and drop it back at any of the other stations whenever you like! Google "Citi-Bikes". Try and plan ahead so you have chosen the best day for weather to do this, it wouldn't be fun in the rain!
Flatiron Building - very cool building. (see picture above).
Lunch - Tapas at Boqueria Soho really gorgeous food, nice cocktails to.
Go see a Basketball Game (PM) Check out if what games are on at Madison Square Garden or at the Barclays centre in Brooklyn. Great atmosphere & something fun to do!
Dinner - Hotdog & Soda at the Basketball!
After game cocktails @ Bar 230 fifth. Rooftop bar with Incredible Views of the Empire State.
In the colder months they have patio heaters on & hand out dressing gowns for everyone to wear!
(Breakfast - Blue dog cafe - quirky, fun breakfast place. Very friendly staff & great food. Near Times Square.
Times Square - take In Times Square in the day, great atmosphere & lots of your well known shops. Forever 21, MAC (its cheaper in the US), Sephora, Levis, H&M etc.
Noho - Similar to Soho, cute little boutique shops & cafes. Theres always a fabulous place to grab a coffee!
Broadway - Broadway runs the whole way through New York, its a great road to walk up from anywhere, great shopping, great restaurants & of course as of every place in NYC great coffee! Just take a walk & see what tickles your fancy!
Before heading to the airport we grabbed a quick take-away Noodle box (pad thai noodles) delicous!
Home time. Boo-hoo. Cry Cry.
Let me know if you are planning a trip to NYC or if you have already been to any places listed! I would love to hear from you!
- Other Posts You Might Enjoy -
- Popular Posts -
-New In Buys-
Follow me on Bloglovin'