As we speak I am sat writing this post on a beautiful beach in Marbella (under the umbrella ofcourse because I'm the whitest white gal evvvvvva and my skin only has two tones: milk bottle -> LOBSTER) I'm about 3 strawberry mojitos deep and wondering if it's a good idea for me to even be writting at all. *Reminder to PROOF READ HERE* Blah blah blah.
The past few days I have spent my time relaxing, eating and drinking. Three things I would proudly say I'm pretty damn good at, in fact I think I've got them down to a T.
If there is anything I have learn during my time here, is that not only do I bloody love mojitos (the strawberry kind especially), that holiday money isn't Monopoly money and that drinking wine, cocktails and gin before going out for a meal doesn't end well. BUT also that I'm so, so lucky to be able to have the number of holibobs a year I have, and maybe I should try and implement some of my holiday attitude at home. Because something happens to me that just makes me a little more relaxed and dare I say "care free"?!
I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make to be honest, but we will blame that on the mojitos -Naughty.
But basically I want to start having a more relaxed attitude to LIFE. My friends will be the first to tell you I'm an organisation FREEEEAKK and like everything to be planned, prepped & executed to perfection. Sometimes I should maybe go with the flow a little more, and hey you never know it might end up being more fun, Yano?
I'm not saying I'm going to go home and live off sangria, ICE CREAM, paella and ALL THE TAPAS (but oh imagine if we could) or lazy about on sun loungers all day with out a worry in the world, but I'm going to try to and implement a FEW pointers:
1. Have some more ME TIME, whether it be going on a walk (probably won't happen) or just sitting with a glass of wine reading a book or catching up on my favourite ladies blog posts (sounds more realistic). Because having time out to think/reflect as cheesy as it sounds is so important and sometimes doing that gives you the reminder of hey, my life's pretty fab actually & so am I, yano?
2. Not everything has to be planned out. Sometimes the best plans are the spontaneous ones. I know this for a FACT because getting so drunk last night before our meal was not planned but it was pretty darn hilarious -
3. Stop worrying if I forgot to Instagram today or didn't publish my blog post at the usual time - because Georgie the world isn't going to end and NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR INSTAGRAM!
4. eat more tapas - why the hell not?
5. Taking breaks from social media/my online world. Sometimes it's ok to log-off, yano?
Lemme know I'm not the only one who's a complete organisation control freak won't you? Also there will be post coming soon about my time in MARBS & I PROMISE I'll be sober when writing it. *Pinky swear*
Apologies for any errors in this post, I was almost 5 mojitos deep by the end, and I'd had a cocktail or 7 when I "proof read" but it all sounds like sunshines & rainbows to me - therefore making total sense.
Hope to speak to you from a beach somewhere again soon!!
- Other Posts You Might Enjoy -
- Popular Posts -
-New In Buys-
Follow me on Bloglovin'