I'm the type of person who HATES sitting and doing nothing (sitting watching Netflix & eating snacks doesn't count as nothing by the way - that's my FAVE ha ha), What I mean is I hate sitting still doing nothing.. for example waiting in a dentist reception, sitting on public transport or even getting my hair done! (I know so many people love going to the hairdressers but I just hate sitting there thinking of all things I could be doing!!) Maybe I need to take a chill pill ha ha, but either way my least favourite is FLYING. I simply can't sit still. Here are my favourite things to do to make time go that lil' bit quicker on a flight!
1. Go through your camera roll - I always take the time on a plane to go through my phones camera roll, delete random pictures (mainly screenshots - we all know we are guilty of a screen shot or 10!), I also clear any duplicates - another thing we are guilty of - taking 12 photos of the same thing! And just have a general tidy up! It's perfect for clearing your memory for all the holiday snaps to!
2. Netflix - If you didn't already know Netflix have an option to download programs/films to your phone. Simply download the app, and go onto the "available to download" category - this then shows you all the things you are able to download. I always ensure I have a couple of things downloaded ready for a flight. On the way to Portugal me & my sister watched PS I love you - BIG MISTAKE - we cried the whole way and looked so silly on the plane! Maybe pick a little more wisely than us!
3. Listen to a pod-casts- Only this year have I really discovered Pod-Casts. I've always loved the idea of them but to be honest I'd never really found any that tickled my fancy, or covered topics I was particularly interested in. I know I've mentioned this before but the At Home With podcast from Anna Gardener and Lily Pebbles (both YouTubers and bloggers) really won me over! They interviewed people such as Zoella, Kate La Vie, the founder of Cult Beauty, Liz Earle, and many more. I found each episode so interesting and I was forever waiting for the next! I've also been enjoying Giovanna Fletcher's - Happy Mum, Happy Baby. Yes It's parent related, and I'm not a mum but I just love the people she has interviewed E.g Emma Willis and Frankie Bridge - so I still found them super interesting! I would highly recommend checking both out!
4. Sort your NOTES folder - Similar to the camera roll idea, I also go through my notes section in my phone and delete anything irrelevant. There is no denying that most of mine are usually take away order lists! However you're always bound to find something funny in your notes - especially if you haven't looked through them in a while!
5. Bring a book! - A fairly obvious one but a book is always a great way to curb bordem! Especially when it's a page turner!
6. Plan your time! - Why not utilise the time on the plane to make some plans for whilst your away. This works especially well if you're going on a city break. When I was going to New York I sat for hours on the plane with my guide book and planned places we could visit, and looked at which places were close to each other so we could utilise the time best!
What do you do to curve boredom on flights?
- Other Posts You Might Enjoy -
- Popular Posts -
-New In Buys-
Follow me on Bloglovin'