I'm sure that even from a quick glace, you can see whyLife With MCM is this weeks Blog In The Spotlight, her stunning photography and product swatches are second to NONE! Megan's blog featured topics such as Travel and inspiration but she mainly focuses on beauty, and you can see why. She has an undeniable talent when it comes to not only the product photography, but also in giving the best reviews and honest opinions she can. Alongside all this she is a lovely, genuine person who continues to support other bloggers in anyway she can. We Love You Megan!!! So lets share the love and send Megan some Blog Squad comments/likes/shares!! A word of warning however, her blog makes you spend all your pennies, so beware!
-Posts you should CHECK OUT -
Q&A With Megan
1. What is the main theme/topic of your blog, and why did you chose to go with that?
The main theme is Beauty. Beauty products and makeup in general became an obsession of mine a couple of years ago, ever since being a daily consumer of YouTube and other blogs so this really drove me to start trying new products, and from there I wanted to share my review of them.
2. How long have you been blogging for?
I've been blogging for just over a year now, since September 2015!
3. What would be your 3 main tips for newbie bloggers?
My three main tips for anyone would be going back to the basics of things I was told and also things I learned myself at the beginning...
- Don't let anyone take away your dream. Never let anyone hold you back from starting a blog, surround yourself with positive people that will help and be with you all the time.
- Be active in the community. This is something I learned myself. I was quite quiet for a little while at the beginning, just because I didn't really know where to start. But, Twitter is the main platform where you can communicate and interact with new bloggers. I've made so many amazing connections from starting a conversation on there.
- Have fun with it. I always say that you should only upload content you're happy with, and to do that you need to have fun and be ambitious. Whatever tickles your fancy, just go for it and share it - people love unique posts the most. Use blogging to your advantage of having something you love and are passionate about.
4. What are you fave blogs to read?
I have regular bloggers that I always catch up on and am so inspired by their content, on their blogs and Instagrams. They range from beauty blogs to lifestyle and more. I get so inspired by how hard they work as well as the amazing content they put out!
- Laura from www.laurzrah.com
- Georgie from www.asyouwishuk.com
- Kasie from www.kasiebeauty.co.uk
- Marianna Hewitt from www.lifewithme.com
- Vix from www.vixmeldrew.com
5. What is your favourite social media platform and why?
I'm actually very 50/50 between Twitter and Instagram right now, which I thought I'd never say as Instagram has always been my thing. But i'm more active exploring Instagram than I am uploading my own content, which I really want todo more of. But Twitter is my holy grail for my blog at the minute, so i'll have to go with Twitter!
Previous Bloggers In The Spotlight