Olivia from Lust Living has turned her home into what I can only describe as a Pinterest DREAM - no detail has been left out and I for one wouldn't mind heading over there for a cuppa' and some MAJOR INSTAGRAM PHOTO TAKING please (lets hope she gets the hint). Anyway, welcome to the FIRST Blogger in the spotlight POST - me, being mainly a beauty blogger I bet you expecting lipsticks & some Tom Ford, but I decided to surprise you! So, meet Olivia and her nothing short of fabulous blog, Lust Living. Enjoy finding out more!
3 of her blog posts you NEED to check out:
She Also Covers TRAVEL Here
Q&A With Olivia-
1. Describe your blog in 3 words?
2. Who are your favourite bloggers and why?
Stylizimo & Only Deco Love
Im hugely inspired by both of these Norwegian ladies and their blogs. They have Scandinavian interior down to an art and they are both technically very capable photographers. Beautiful photography! I'm always drawn in by a great photograph of great Scandinavian interior.
3. Can you give us your top 3 blogging tips/things you've learnt since blogging?
1. Photography is key. I have a degree in photography which I think has helped me massively on the blogging front, but take the time to learn to use your camera and always use natural lighting - it's your best friend!
2. Don't force a blog post. It's easy to feel pressured to blog regularly but I find posts always turn out so much better when they come naturally.
3. Blog because you love it, not for the free stuff you hope to get or for the milestone numbers of followers. I've only been blogging for coming up to a year and it's been a juggle making time for it alongside working a full time 8-5 job, five days a week, but I have the motivation to work on my blog when I get home from work because I thoroughly enjoy what I am writing about. It takes a lot of commitment so make sure whatever you that you love whatever it is you are going to be blogging about.
4. What does your blog focus around and why have you chosen that topic?
Interiors, DIY, lifestyle with the occasional travel post
5. How long have you been blogging for?
Less than a year. I think I published my first blog back in October 2015.
6. What is the biggest achievement you would say you have had whilst blogging?
A couple of months ago I was nominated for the Best Newcomer category in the Amara Interior Blog Awards which was a huge confidence boost in itself and this week I found out that I made the shortlist along with 4 other amazing interior blogs. Completely unexpected but I'm so pleased to have gotten as far as the shortlist. The awards night takes place on 20th October so keep your fingers crossed for me!
(You can check out more info on her Interior Blog Awards Nomination HERE)
Thanks again for featuring me!
So be SURE to go follow/comment and share the love of LUST LIVING and hashtag #BlogSquadUK.
I hope you enjoyed this weeks choice- I mean, how can you not?
And Olivia - Do let us know when we can come round for tea won't you?!
Who will be the next, Blogger In The Spotlight? xo